Connected World Conference 2015
CYBERSECURITY: YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU DON’T KNOW
Birmingham Marriott | Birmingham, Al.
Dates: Feb. 23-24, 2015
As we move to smart devices, BYOD, and more connections as a result of the IoT (Internet of Things), our risk of enterprise exposure increases exponentially.
Whether you are in energy, construction, manufacturing, fleet management, retail, insurance, etc., questions continue to arise about who is accessing your data.
The 2015 conference helped offer up real world examples of breaches and what can be done to provide baseline protective measures for consumers and businesses and their sensitive data.
- Industry and private sector
- Forensics examiners
- Law enforcement
- Legal (criminal and civil)
Special highlights of the conference included:
- Connected World Conference partnered with University of Alabama at Birmingham’s Center for Information Assurance and Joint Forensics Research (The Center) have teamed up to bring professionals together to discuss security and connected devices.
- The Peggy Smedley Show broadcast live both days of the event.
- The Connected World Awards Gala where the most successful corporate adopters of M2M technology and connected devices, as well as their solutions providers, were honored; in addition the ConnectED award was presented to the individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit who have applied innovation and vision to successfully develop unique and successful connected devices closed out the first night of the event. Table sponsors for this event included: RacoWireless, 151 Advisors and Berkeley Varitronics Systems
- The WoM2M Awards that celebrate the some of the most powerful women in the technology sector, representing many of the largest, most innovative companies in the world was celebrated the second night of the event, closing out the conference. Major General (Ret. U.S. Army) N. Lee S. Price, was the featured speaker for this event. Ford Sync sponsored this event.