| Intel and TAG Heuer unveiled the new TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45, a versatile luxury connected watch. Engineered in collaboration with Intel, the TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45 features the seamless integration of TAG Heuer’s Swiss watchmaking heritage and keeps users connected without sacrificing style through its customizable, modular design. This marks the second collaboration between the two innovative brands after TAG Heuer Connected debuted in 2015 to critical and popular success.
Proudly “Swiss Made” and engineered in collaboration with Intel, the TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45 is packed with innovation to keep users connected and organized on-the-go. Key features include:
· A feat in engineering: It took the combined engineering prowess of Tag Heuer and Intel to create an all-metal watch that could support Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and Near Field Communications. Enjoy tracking workouts and navigating a route with the unbeatable quality you’ve come to expect from a Tag Heuer signature watch without being tethered to a smartphone.
· New experience of time: The unique watch display and companion app understand your plan for the day and proactively assist in keeping you on track. This isn’t about remembering to swing by for flowers at 6 p.m. anymore – the new experience adapts to your schedule. If you are behind, it will remind you when you are on your way – even if that’s 15 minutes later than originally planned.
· Tap-to-Pay: Built-in Near Field Communications technology enables contactless payments right from the wrist.
· TAG Heuer Companion app: Available for Android users, the TAG Heuer Connected app helps users take full advantage of the watch’s features.
· Google Voice control: Fitted with a small microphone, the watch enables the wearer to communicate with it via voice, in addition to touchscreen capabilities.
The TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45 provides unique customization capabilities to enable more than 500 style choices. Buyers can select from 56 different versions of the watch – 11 standard models offered in-store with an additional 45 upon request. True to its name, watch connoisseurs can personalize the watch with a variety of modules, horns, bracelets and buckles for hundreds of stylish design combinations, including 30 watch dial options. Furthermore, the module can be changed out for a mechanical watch or the prestigious Heuer 02T Tourbillon Chronograph.
Based on the Intel® Atom™ Z34XX processor, the TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45 runs the Android Wear 2.0 platform and comes equipped with:
· 39″ AMOLED touchscreen display
· 5 sapphire cover glass and durable titanium case
· More than a day of power
· 4GB of memory
· Water resistance to 5ATM
With end-to-end silicon and software solutions, Intel enables iconic partners like TAG Heuer to focus on design while delivering new functionality to smart and connected wearable devices.
The TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45 packs innovation without sacrificing style. The watch will be available in satin or polished grade 5 titanium with unique customization capabilities beginning March 14 at tagheuer.com, TAG Heuer stores, specialty watch stores and major retailers worldwide starting at $1,600 USD.