As more and more construction technologies are being moved to the cloud, companies are finding benefits they didn’t expect. Easy access by all participants, from remote locations and main offices, is primarily the one that comes to mind first. After all, that is the beauty of the cloud, it covers you wherever you are. Depending on the vendor, other aspects of the original application are also enhanced.
For example, originally launched as desktop software, Command Technologies Inc.’s Contractor’s Command Post is a tool for construction companies seeking to eliminate reliance on spreadsheets and gain forecasting and analytics capabilities. Its latest version, Contractor’s Command Post Version 4.0, takes continuity to a new level by connecting business development, operations, and finance teams.
Key features include:
- Net Profit Forecasting: This feature calculates gross profit by month, deducting overhead costs. It enables businesses to pinpoint their break-even point and identify when additional projects are needed to maintain profitability.
- Resource Scheduling: Project managers and superintendents can efficiently assign incoming projects, ensuring optimal allocation of resources.
- Seamless Integration: The masters microservices enable effortless contact management across connected apps. Adding or modifying a contact in one system automatically updates the information in all connected systems.
- Comprehensive Project Tracking: From lead aggregation to project closeout and portfolio management of completed jobs, Contractor’s Command Post provides a comprehensive solution for both general contractors and subcontractors.
- Cloud-Based Accessibility: Version 4.0 is now available on the cloud, granting team members access to critical project information from anywhere in the world. This ensures realtime collaboration and informed decision-making.
As with computer programs since the beginning, the more data you put in, the better the information you get out. However, Contractor’s Command Post doesn’t require you to fill in every single data field. With just two pieces of job information, Command Post gives you the benefit of these useful reports:
- Bids Due – shows all of your jobs to be bid.
- Bids Pending – shows what bids you need to follow-up on.
- Active Jobs – shows what jobs are currently under construction.
- Delivered Jobs – shows what jobs are substantially complete with open issues.
- Warranty Jobs – shows jobs in the warranty period.
- Lost Jobs – shows jobs that were bid and lost.
- A Master Job Log Report
Command Post does not replace your accounting system; its function is substantially different. Your accounting program helps you document and verify transactions which happened in the past; CommandPosthelps you analyze the past, but more importantly it helps communicate what’s happening in the present and forecasts what will happen in the future.
Likewise, Command Post does not replace your project management/scheduling, estimating, document management, or CAD (computer-aided design) systems. Command Post’s independence from these systems means freedom and flexibility for your company. You are free to change or upgrade these other systems whenever it is to your advantage to do so, or to use different tools for different jobs. You aren’t bound to one vendor for upgrades to these critical systems.
With Version 4.0, Contractor’s Command Post has matured into a tool that harmonizes your family of construction apps, driving efficiency and profitability in every project.
Want to tweet about this article? Use hashtags #construction #sustainability #infrastructure #cloud